Let’s be clear. Any dip makes any veggie taste better. I remember growing up and being obsessed with the small paper packet of ranch seasoning, that when mixed with sour cream, created AMAZING results. Anyways, I have gotten older (and hopefully wiser and healthier) and have become slightly obsessed with homemade guacamole and hummus as my new dips of choice. So I thought to myself, why not combine the two?
So.. introducing…guaahummus! Or is it hummusmole? Anyway, nothing really sounds as good as avocado hummus so here it goes. All you need is a blender, canned chickpeas, tahini, lemon juice, garlic and an avocado. I swear, anything with avocado tastes better. The avocado adds another layer of creaminess to the nutty hummus while the lemon freshens it all up. The beauty of this recipe is that is done in the flash, ADD doesn’t have all the often weird gunk that store bought hummus has. Hope you agree and love this recipe as much as I do!
Cuisinart SPB-600 SmartPower Deluxe Die Cast Blender, 48-Ounce – I swear Cuisinart makes the best blenders. This blender is high capacity, high power and whip up a batch of hummus in a jiffy! Get your own by Clicking the below to http://www.amazon.com
Cuisinart SPB-600 SmartPower Deluxe Die Cast Blender, 48-Ounce
- 1 cup of tahini
- 2 cans of chickpeas (total 2 lbs), drained and rinsed
- 2 large lemons, juiced
- 3 cloves of garlic
- salt & pepper
- ¾ cup of water
- 1 ½ ripe avocado, cut into large chunks, more avocado for garnish
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- pink salt for garnish (sea salt is fine as well)
- Mix the can of tahini before use since the oil separates and add to the blender.
- Add ¾ cup of water and blend tahini with water for approx 3 minutes.
- Place the garlic cloves in the blender and blend for 1 minute
- Place the chickpeas in small batches into the blender, blending as you go.
- Once the chickpeas are all in the blender, blend for 2 minutes.
- Place the avocado chunks, lemon juice, salt and pepper into the blender and blend for another 2 minutes.
- Serve immediately. Top with sliced avocado and pink salt for garnish. Can store in the refrigerator up to 4 days.