To the surprise of many people, I don’t usually host many dinner parties. At first blush, I always feel like I need to impress my guests with crazy, delicious courses one right after the other with a dinner party. So much pressure! In hindsight, I never truly enjoy the night since I’m always seeking approval and prepping the next course!
My solve to making a delicious, less stressful dinner party is to serve a tasty entrée made delicious by a few quality of ingredients and not by the technique, time or quantity of ingredients in the dish. My easy go-to delicious entrée is truffle fettucine alfredo. It’s rich, decadent, and certainly a treat with the shaved truffles that go on top.
We got this beautiful jar of shaved truffle carpaccio from Alba, Italy. The shaved truffles are soaked in a delicious olive oil that packs tons of flavor. You can find shaved truffles at any specialty food store. If you can’t find, substitute the butter in this recipe for truffle butter, which is just butter studded with truffles. If you can’t find that, replace the truffles with a few good shakes of truffle oil and you are all set! For this event, I decided to make my own pasta from scratch, but dried pasta works perfectly well with this recipe and still has the impressive factor. Enjoy!
- 1lb of fettuccine noodles
- 1 stick of unsalted butter
- 1 cup of cream
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups of freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Shaved truffles as garnish
- In a large stock pot, cook the noodles per directions.
- In separate saucepan, melt the stick of butter.
- Whisk in cream and gently warm over medium heat. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add 1/3 portion of the parmesan cheese and whisk together.
- In a large serving bowl, place half of the sauce into the bowl with another 1/3 portion of the cheese.
- Drain the pasta and immediately add to the serving bowl.
- Toss a couple of times adding more sauce if needed. If the sauce is too thick, add some pasta water to thin out.
- Sprinkle with more parmesan cheese and top with shaved truffles. Eat immediately.