Since living in Dallas, I have now become a big Dallas Cowboys fan. However, to pay homage to my hometown of Buffalo, NY and cheer on my new favorite team, I created a healthy Buffalo Chicken Dip recipe just in time for the Super Bowl. It has all of the flavor of a chicken wing all in one bite. The great thing is that is has all the hot, spicy goodness mixed with creamy blue cheese with tons less calories than other recipes out there!
To make it a bit healthier, instead of the traditional mayonnaise and cheddar cheese that is often called for in recipes, I created mine using non fat Greek yogurt. It offers all of the same creaminess and richness with tons less fat. In addition, if you serve with crunchy, fresh vegetables, this is a great, healthier snack option to cheer on your team. As a tip, if you cut big wedges of cabbage, this is the perfect healthy “dipper” with all of the crunch of a tortilla chip. I hope you enjoy! Go Cowboys!
- 1 lb of cooked chicken breasts, shredded
- 2 stalks of green onion, chopped, more for garnish
- 1 package of non fat cream cheese (8 oz)
- ½ cup of non fat Greek Yogurt
- 3/4 cup of Frank’s Red Hot Sauce
- 1 tbs of fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp of salt
- ½ tsp of black pepper
- ½ cup of blue cheese crumbles, more for garnish
- Place all in a crockpot and cook on low for 3-4 hours. Stir throughout cooking time. Garnish with blue cheese and green onions.